Approvals ManagerApply Now
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Location: Bristol
- Date Added: August 2020
About this role
As Blu Wireless continues to push the boundaries of wireless technology there is an increasing need to complete regulatory approvals testing for multiple territories around the world. This involves the management of test campaigns with several industry leading test houses to complete the testing of our ever-evolving product range. We are seeking an approvals professional who has extensive experience in planning and managing multi-disciplined test cycles to a successful conclusion.
- Planning and execution of regulatory approval campaigns
- For radio, EMC and safety approvals
- Preparation of Technical Construction Files
- Contribute to and review product documentation.
- Ownership and preparation of approvals related risk assessments
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of relevant quality processes
- Liaise with relevant technical experts within Blu Wireless to successfully resolve technical issues during testing
- Provide leadership in researching and defining approvals testing based on standards applicable to our evolving product range.
- Monitor international approvals standard to ensure maintenance of up-to-date regulatory compliance
Knowledge, experience, and skills
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or similar preferred.
- At least 6 years’ experience of managing/executing regulatory approvals across multiple regulatory regimes.
- Detailed knowledge of CE and FCC compliance regimes for RF products
- Practical experience of RF and EMC testing
- User level skills in both Windows and Linux environments
- Familiarity with preparation of test scripts
- Have developed industry relationships with labs and regulatory bodies
Blu Wireless Technology is disrupting the market with wireless of fibre level performance that is economically smart and reliable! With a strong history in WiGig (IEEE 802.11ad), but identifying the gap in the market, Blu Wireless also provides 5G solutions in the copious unlicensed millimetre wave (mmWave) spectrum band.
Delivering its intelligent System IP to licensees is at its core, but Blu Wireless has much more to offer – with expertise in everything from chip design to module and board design. The Blu Wireless team have engineered a managed approach to the technical challenges faced in mmWave carrier-grade applications such as combatting interference and enabling seamless co-existence.
Trusted partners of the world’s biggest names in telecoms, Blu Wireless works together with their customers to provide complete design, testing, and validation, serving emerging markets in high-speed transport and broadband.
Based in Bristol, reflecting the city’s friendly atmosphere and proud industrial heritage, Blu Wireless has become the leading vendor in this space. Now with a team of eighty employees and a newly opened office in India, Blu Wireless Technology is enabling a new era of gigabit connectivity for all.
Please fill in the form and attach your CV to apply for this role. Someone will be in touch if you’ve been chosen to come in for an interview.