Compliance/System Test EngineerApply Now
- Employment Type: 3-6 Months
- Location: Bristol
- Date Added: September 2020
About this role
As Blu Wireless continues to push the boundaries of wireless technology, there is an immediate requirement to complete formal compliance testing on a number of products, including but not limited to EMC, environmental, safety and/or HALT testing. This involves working with external accredited test houses, preparing test plans, test procedures and equipment for test. The role will include onsite, or remote support for test houses based in multiple locations around the UK.
• Planning and execution of compliance test cycles:
o Liaising with test labs to book test slots
o Maintenance of compliance risk assessments
o Generating documentation and user guides for test houses
o Review and audit of test reports from accredited test houses once testing is completed
o Engineering input into technical file and DoC signing process
• Preparation of test samples and associated test equipment:
o Liaise with software team to agree software versions and features used for testing
o Programming and configuration of units so they are ready for test
o Logistics of shipping equipment to appropriate test houses to meet test slot deadlines
o Strip down and rebuilding of test units as required, possibly including board level rework
• Liaise with relevant technical experts within Blu Wireless to successfully resolve technical issues discovered during testing
Technical knowledge, experience, and skills
• Degree in Electronic Engineering or similar preferred
• At least 1 years’ experience of executing compliance testing
• Practical experience of EMC testing
• Detailed knowledge of CE compliance regimes for EMC requirements
• Knowledge of FCC compliance regimes for EMC requirements desirable
• User level skills in both Windows and embedded Linux/Unix environments
• Familiarity with preparation of test plans and scripts
• Ansible/Grafana/SQL/TCP/IP Networking/RF knowledge desirable
• Bash/C/Python experience useful
• Hands on engineering skills to rebuild test units as well as soldering SMT components desirable
• Full UK driver’s license mandatory
Desired Personal Qualities
• Are happy to be hands-on, with an enthusiastic can-do attitude and great attention to detail
• A good communicator and a collaborative team member
• Able to take responsibility and ownership of tasks and see them through to an agreed timescale
• Flexibility to take on other tasks and responsibilities if needed to meet team and business needs in a
challenging, fast paced, commercial environment (e.g. working out of normal hours to solve urgent problems)
• A thorough, persistent, methodical and focused approach to problem-solving
• Willingness to travel to accredited test house sites within the UK
Blu Wireless is disrupting the market with wireless of fibre level performance that is economically smart
and reliable! With a strong history in WiGig (IEEE 802.11ad), but identifying the gap in the market, Blu Wireless also provides 5G solutions in the copious unlicensed millimetre wave (mmWave) spectrum band.
Delivering its intelligent System IP to licensees is at its core, but Blu Wireless has much more to offer – with expertise in everything from chip design to module and board design. The Blu Wireless team have engineered a managed approach to the technical challenges faced in mmWave carrier-grade applications such as combatting interference and enabling seamless co-existence.
Trusted partners of the world’s biggest names in telecoms, Blu Wireless works together with their customers to provide complete design, testing, and validation, serving emerging markets in high-speed transport and broadband.
Based in Bristol, reflecting the city’s friendly atmosphere and proud industrial heritage, Blu Wireless has become the leading vendor in this space. Now with a team of eighty employees and a newly opened office in India, Blu Wireless Technology is enabling a new era of gigabit connectivity for all.
Please fill in the form and attach your CV to apply for this role. Someone will be in touch if you’ve been chosen to come in for an interview.