Director of Product ManagementApply Now
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Location: Bristol
- Date Added: May 2020
About the Role
Sitting at the intersection of business, design, and technology our Director of Product Management will develop the long-term roadmaps for our existing and future products across the entire business.
Effective product management is critical to our organization! Guiding the R&D investment efforts of our technologists towards the most fruitful avenues is key to that product management process. Playing a critical and visible leadership role team as our solution evangelist, you will set the roadmap and associated objectives required to drive market success, by delivering high-value, disruptive solutions to the mobile and connected device ecosystems.
You’ll work with developers to understand our existing offerings including our strengths, ambitions and limitations. Playing a key role in distinguishing core requirements and important trends from “noise”, deciphering the missing parts needed, and ensuring that we get the right balance between laying appropriate technical foundations for the future, and implementing things customers need right now.
Responsibilities to include
- Developing and launching the Company’s roadmap that supports the vision and strategic technical plan of the business
- Provide product leadership by engaging with Sales, Marketing and R&D with a focus on customer objectives to drive revenue
- Evaluate other players in a similar space focused on maximising the possible technical opportunities
- Define and manage marketing requirements based on market input from customers and industry bodies, timeline and resources
- Derive and manage product requirements throughout the product life cycle, managing the end to end delivery of the product into the field from inception
- Initiate the business case for new products and variants of products. These would then be presented to the exec board for sign off
- Contribute and specify customer facing documents as a product owner during entire product life cycle
- Lead customer project coordination including, where appropriate, supporting or leading the negotiation of revenue bearing NRE, technology license and product sales
- Define support tools that promotes the technology, such as evaluation kits, reference designs, software drivers, tools, etc.
- Be the product expert, support Sales and Business Development in technical discussions at key customer lead accounts and at internal training sessions
- Support our presence at industry trade events
Knowledge, experience and skills
- Relevant technical degree, or equivalent, in Electronic Engineering
- Good understanding of the technical field in wireless, telecommunications, and semiconductor technology, particularly as relevant for millimetre wave wireless applications
- Proven experience as a Senior Product Manager/Director of Product Management; developing a roadmap, defining product requirements, developing collateral and taking a product to market
- Business development and customer facing experience in the telecommunications sector desirable
- Results oriented with focus on P&L management: demonstrating hands-on leadership in driving the roadmap, design, development, and delivery of the strategy, and marketing and business development efforts
- Strong team leadership: self-motivated, initiative oriented, recognised as a successful leader who has demonstrated the ability to organise, and motivate a cohesive team across multiple disciplines
- Collaboration and Influencing: demonstrate the ability to influence and work closely with a variety of constituencies, both internal and external intra and inter BU, customers, partners, as well as the ability to develop and nurture strong organizational relationships based on mutual trust. He/she has worked within a highly technical industry with technical leaders and created and maintained a strong internal network as well as influenced external consumers and OEM’s
- Ability to travel without restrictions in UK, US, Europe and Asia
- Driving License
Blu Wireless Technology is disrupting the market with wireless of fibre level performance that is economically smart and reliable! With a strong history in WiGig (IEEE 802.11ad), but identifying the gap in the market, Blu Wireless also provides 5G solutions in the copious unlicensed millimetre wave (mmWave) spectrum band.
Please fill in the form and attach your CV to apply for this role. Someone will be in touch if you’ve been chosen to come in for an interview.