Field Application Engineer – HardwareApply Now
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Location: Bristol
- Date Added: July 2020
What can I expect from this role?
As a Field Application Engineer at Blu Wireless expect to live life in the fast lane! Our current projects will allow you to help transform the way society works, travels and entertains itself. Our team is compact, which means you get to dip your hand into various projects at any one time. Below are some of the ways in which you will assist Blu Wireless in becoming the next big thing!
- Assisting in presales and technical support for Sales and Marketing
- Developing and delivering the proof of concept bench tests
- Staging and delivery of trade show demos and field deployments
- Performance monitoring and improvement of existing field deployments
- Execution of product RF and feature performance testing
- System integration and release testing as “first customer”
- Capturing and replicating innovation from the field
- Supporting our customer lab entry and certification efforts
- Supporting our customer’s issue replication and analysis
- Develop and deliver field test infrastructure in conjunction with System Test
We are looking to hear from people who have experience in…
- Industry related experience in radar, antenna design, millimeter-wave, or wireless systems
- RF design/testing/wireless network deployment
- Understanding the basic principles of electronics, electromagnetic fields, and RF transceiver
- Troubleshooting, diagnostics and resolving hardware or system related problems
- Writing engineering reports and technical application notes
- Describing complex technical details to a range of audiences
We are looking for individuals who…
- Have passion about wireless technology
- Are strong problem-solvers, who are methodical in their approach
- Show great attention to detail
- Are excellent communicator’s and can present, whether that be internally to our teams or to our external customers
- Want a flexible and fast paced environment, where every day is different
- Can challenge themselves and think ‘outside of the box’
- Are happy to be hands-on, with a can-do attitude and work alongside an awesome team
- Have a driving license with a passion for travel
Blu Wireless is disrupting the market with wireless of fibre level performance that is economically smart and reliable! With a strong history in WiGig (IEEE 802.11ad), but identifying the gap in the market, Blu Wireless also provides 5G solutions in the copious unlicensed millimetre wave (mmWave) spectrum band.
Delivering its intelligent System IP to licensees is at its core, but Blu Wireless has much more to offer – with expertise in everything from chip design to module and board design. The Blu Wireless team have engineered a managed approach to the technical challenges faced in mmWave carrier-grade applications such as combatting interference and enabling seamless co-existence.
Trusted partners of the world’s biggest names in telecoms, Blu Wireless works together with their customers to provide complete design, testing, and validation, serving emerging markets in high-speed transport and broadband.
Based in Bristol, reflecting the city’s friendly atmosphere and proud industrial heritage, Blu Wireless has become the leading vendor in this space. Now with a team of over 100 employees and a newly opened office in India, Blu Wireless Technology is enabling a new era of gigabit connectivity for all.
Please fill in the form and attach your CV to apply for this role. Someone will be in touch if you’ve been chosen to come in for an interview.