Production TechnicianApply Now
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Location: Bristol
About this role
Due to expansion, Blu Wireless is seeking a Production Operator/Technician to help the production and operations team fulfil customer demand.
This is a hands-on role, and the job is vital to the success of our products at all stages, from preparing prototypes and evaluation kits through to preparing and shipping volume manufacturing orders.
- Assemble and test units for our industry leading 5G mmWave systems
- Documenting work instructions, test procedures and shipment records
- Managing stock inventory levels
- Reporting to Operations Director on build status
- Working with third party suppliers and Contract Manufacturers
- Continuous improvement inputs to our products and process
- Supporting internal platforms and systems R&D team, system test team and project teams.
- Working with and supporting your Production and Operations team colleagues to achieve department and company objectives
Knowledge, experience, and skills
- Ability to communicate, follow and deliver instructions
- Experience of working in a production environment is preferred
- Experience in dealing with prototypes, low and high-volume production
- Liaising with suppliers
- Strong attention to detail
- Inputs to product cost reduction
- Experience with working at electronic PCB level
- Experience with mechanical assembly and packaging operations
- Experience of testing at both board component level and unit system level
- Familiar with assembly drawings, schematics, and PCB layouts, and use of these for fault diagnosis
- Familiar with lab test equipment and computer literate
- Experience of SMT rework is desirable
- Relevant BTEC engineering qualification or equivalent industry experience
Blu Wireless is disrupting the market with 5G mmWave wireless system solutions that are driving technological change to meet global connectivity needs, both now and in the future. Trusted partners of the world’s biggest names in telecoms, Blu Wireless works together with its partners and customers to provide complete silicon and system product designs, testing, and validation, serving emerging markets in Mobility, 5G Backhaul, Perimeter Security, Public Safety, Smart Cities and Industry 4.0.
Blu Wireless has won several awards and was involved in two successful UK Government DCMS projects as part of the 5G Testbeds and Trials programme. The company is playing a significant role in the latest Liverpool 5G Create project, which is directly supporting the UK Government’s ambition towards becoming the global leader in 5G technology. Secondly, Blu Wireless was also part of the AutoAir consortium which, along with an ongoing partnership with McLaren, helped place its technology at the heart of the nascent connected vehicle market. The company’s leading mmWave technology delivers multi-gigabit internet service on high-speed trains. A network is currently rolled out in partnership with First Group.
Please fill in the form and attach your CV to apply for this role. Someone will be in touch if you’ve been chosen to come in for an interview.