Project ManagerApply Now
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Location: Bristol
- Reporting To: Head of Project Management Office
- Date Added: April 2020
We are looking for an exceptional, flexible and enthusiastic Project Manager to join our growing Project Management Office, working with our world class R&D team.
As we build upon the successful launch of our ground-breaking mmWave transport products, we are engaging with customers who want to use the technology for their own use cases. Successful delivery of such projects requires the collaboration of a wide variety of engineering professionals in our team, across system architecture, RF, DSP, software development, mechanical and digital design.
This role will be responsible for running projects from inception to delivery, liaising with customers and partners, coordinating activities within the business across a multi-disciplinary team, planning and directing the project, monitoring and reporting on progress.
What will I be accountable for?
- Planning, executing and delivering projects according to agreed timelines and budget.
- Working with project stakeholders to capture, record and track project requirements.
- Defining project objectives, and creating an execution plan, to include resourcing, milestones, dependencies, and risks.
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting on progress against the plan, identifying issues and risks arising and proposing/planning solutions.
- Coordinating cross-team activities and tracking dependencies.
- Liaising with technical leads and engineering staff to ensure effective and efficient project delivery.
- Follow a robust Product Development process to take projects from feasibility to delivery, as defined by the Project Management Office.
- Working across the organisation with Executive team, Commercial Customer Support, Product Marketing, customers and partners as appropriate.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s, Masters or Ph.D. and 10+ in relevant technical field or demonstrated equivalent work experience.
- Direct experience in the project management or technical leadership of dynamic and complex, multidisciplinary projects, through all phases.
- Ideally, hold a formal qualification in project management, such as DSDM or APM.
- Strong familiarity with project management software and methodologies.
- Experience in managing relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Good organisational skills, communication skills and problem-solving ability.
- Able to lead, manage, motivate and develop a team effectively.
- Able to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Able to interact effectively and confidentially across a broad range of stakeholders from customers and other external bodies and all internal stakeholders.
- Able to make sound decisions based on all information available and the restraints of resource and budget.
- Resourceful, innovative and able to think through problems.
- Empowers others to make decisions and provides a supportive framework in which their team or colleagues can be challenged and developed effectively.
- Can demonstrate continuous improvement and development of their skills and professional understanding.
- Able to demonstrate quality standards through own and others work.
Life at Blu Wireless
Blu Wireless is leading the way with our ground-breaking mmWave solutions. We are not your average 9-5 workplace: your work will transform the way the world works, travels and entertains itself. We all collaborate and challenge each other to be better, working towards the same goal in Bristol’s vibrant city centre.
As well as making waves worldwide with our technology, we are committed to building an environment where sharing knowledge and expertise is encouraged.
Our tailored career progression programmes, and competitive benefits and rewards package, ensure that every individual has the mentoring and support they need to excel in their role.
Please fill in the form and attach your CV to apply for this role. Someone will be in touch if you’ve been chosen to come in for an interview.