Senior Front-End Design EngineerApply Now
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Location: Bristol
Blu Wireless is disrupting the market with 5G mmWave wireless system solutions that are driving technological change to meet global connectivity needs, both now and in the future. Trusted partners of the world’s biggest names in telecoms, Blu Wireless works together with its partners and customers to provide complete silicon and system product designs, testing, and validation, serving emerging markets in Mobility, 5G Backhaul, Perimeter Security, Public Safety, Smart Cities and Industry 4.0.
Blu Wireless has won several awards and was involved in two successful UK Government DCMS projects as part of the 5G Testbeds and Trials programme. The company is playing a significant role in the latest Liverpool 5G Create project, which is directly supporting the UK Government’s ambition towards becoming the global leader in 5G technology. Secondly, Blu Wireless was also part of the AutoAir consortium which, along with an ongoing partnership with McLaren, helped place its technology at the heart of the nascent connected vehicle market. The company’s leading mmWave technology delivers multi-gigabit internet service on high-speed trains. A network is currently rolled out in partnership with First Group.
About the Role
We are looking for a capable and enthusiastic senior front-end design engineer, with a passion for digital design and design flow automation, to join our Front-End Team to deliver IP and SoC designs and maintain/enhance our silicon design flow.
Your day-to-day activities may include:
- Writing specifications at block level to meet system level requirements defined by the BWT system architecture team
- Micro-architecting and designing the digital block making appropriate trade-offs of power, performance, and area
- Bring support to the verification and implementation teams
- Strong contribution to the front-end design flow and methodology, 3rd party’s IP and EDA tools evaluation.
Your Technical Abilities:
- Master’s degree, either in electronic engineering and/or proof of experience to that level in the field
- Strong background in silicon digital design with solid front-end design knowledge and experience
- System-Verilog or Verilog design entry for synthesizable RTL
- Strong software skills and ability to develop FE design flow solutions for checking or automating the FE integration, the RTL code or documentation generation. Good knowledge of Python is highly desirable
Your Personal Qualities:
- An ability to take on challenging design problems
- Solid organisational or communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly motivated commercially driven environment
Please fill in the form and attach your CV to apply for this role. Someone will be in touch if you’ve been chosen to come in for an interview.