Senior System Test Automation EngineerApply Now
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Location: Bristol
- Date Added: October 2020
As you might have heard, 5G is the next big thing – and Blu Wireless are leading the way with our ground-breaking mmWave solutions.
The quality of our technology speaks for itself. That’s why we’re backed by global investors including multinational chip firm Arm with partners in the US, Asia and Europe.
Our talented, friendly and international team of over 90 professionals, technology experts and engineers are the reason for this. We all collaborate and challenge each other to be better, working towards the same goal in Bristol’s vibrant city centre.
We are not your average 9-5 workplace: your work will help to transform the way society works, travels and entertains itself.
About this role
At Blu Wireless we are building an exciting team of System Test specialists. We are looking for an individual with proven skills in the implementation of automated system test frameworks, combining the control and test of our ground breaking mmWave products, and industry standard test equipment to seek to constantly improve test coverage and quality. The role will allow the right candidate to grow into a position where they will become a key part of the test planning function within the team.
- Implementation of System Test framework, as architected by the Principal System Test architect
- Development of automated test cases within framework
- Implementation of scripting in backend test management system
- Participation in test cases design and documentation
Knowledge, experience, and skills
- Degree in relevant subject or similar preferred.
- At least 4 years’ experience of developing test automation.
- Advanced skills in Bash, Python and C
- Experience with developing using Jenkins Test Automation or similar
- In depth experience of preparation of test scripts
- Experience in developing using Python Django framework would be desirable
- User level skills in both Windows and Linux environments
Desired Personal Qualities
- Happy to be hands-on, with an enthusiastic can-do attitude and great attention to detail
- A good communicator and a collaborative team member
- Able to take responsibility and ownership of tasks and see them through to an agreed timescale
- Flexibility to take on other tasks and responsibilities if needed to meet team and business needs in a challenging, fast paced, commercial environment (e.g. working out of normal hours to solve urgent problems)
- A thorough, persistent, methodical and focused approach to problem-solving
Blu Wireless is disrupting the market with wireless of fibre level performance that is economically smart and reliable! With a strong history in WiGig (IEEE 802.11ad), but identifying the gap in the market, Blu Wireless also provides 5G solutions in the copious unlicensed millimetre wave (mmWave) spectrum band.
Delivering its intelligent System IP to licensees is at its core, but Blu Wireless has much more to offer – with expertise in everything from chip design to module and board design. The Blu Wireless team have engineered a managed approach to the technical challenges faced in mmWave carrier-grade applications such as combatting interference and enabling seamless co-existence.
Trusted partners of the world’s biggest names in telecoms, Blu Wireless works together with their customers to provide complete design, testing, and validation, serving emerging markets in high-speed transport and broadband.
Based in Bristol, reflecting the city’s friendly atmosphere and proud industrial heritage, Blu Wireless has become the leading vendor in this space. Now with a team of eighty employees and a newly opened office in India, Blu Wireless Technology is enabling a new era of gigabit connectivity for all.
Please fill in the form and attach your CV to apply for this role. Someone will be in touch if you’ve been chosen to come in for an interview.