Senior Verification EngineerApply Now
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Location: Bristol
Blu Wireless is disrupting the market with 5G mmWave wireless system solutions that are driving technological change to meet global connectivity needs, both now and in the future. Trusted partners of the world’s biggest names in telecoms, Blu Wireless works together with its partners and customers to provide complete silicon and system product designs, testing, and validation, serving emerging markets in Mobility, 5G Backhaul, Perimeter Security, Public Safety, Smart Cities and Industry 4.0.
Blu Wireless has won several awards and was involved in two successful UK Government DCMS projects as part of the 5G Testbeds and Trials programme. The company is playing a significant role in the latest Liverpool 5G Create project, which is directly supporting the UK Government’s ambition towards becoming the global leader in 5G technology. Secondly, Blu Wireless was also part of the AutoAir consortium which, along with an ongoing partnership with McLaren, helped place its technology at the heart of the nascent connected vehicle market. The company’s leading mmWave technology delivers multi-gigabit internet service on high-speed trains. A network is currently rolled out in partnership with First Group.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our IP/SOC Design Verification team. As our newly appointed Senior Verification Engineer you will take ownership of all aspects of IP and/or SOC verification.
We are looking for a highly capable and a dedicated engineer to join our growing team in Bristol. Successful applicants will have the opportunity to enjoy meeting the connectivity needs, both now and in the future.
This is an excellent opportunity to take your verification career to a whole new level on cutting edge designs within our business. Day to day, you will take responsibility of the below:
- Contribute to SOC and IP verification, being able to drive team members and have complete ability to work independently
- Solving problems of moderate complexity
- Applying judgment in interpreting results and conducting quantitative analysis
- Capable of interacting with the more experienced team members to resolve problems
- Show senior level ability in many tools or be an expert in one or two. Examples of which are: Functional Simulation, Formal verification, and GLS.
- Contributing to technical white papers
- Supporting our sales function as part of the team
Your Technical Abilities:
- A degree/masters in Electronics and Communications (ECE), specialization in VLSI – or equivalent, with proof of experience in the field
- Proven experience of architecting the IP/SoC level testbench from scratch, with hands on implementation of the same
- Proven end to end verification of complex SoC using System Verilog and any of latest methodologies which include UVM, Formal
- At least 8+ years of Verification experience with developing test plan, IP Verification and or/ Subsystem/SoC Verification and test bench, testcases, assertions, functional & code coverage, running regressions and debugging tests
- Hands on in System Verilog and C is must, SystemC/Verilog/VHDL and experience in UVM is recommended
- Hands on Experience in Cadence (irun, SimVision) simulation tools or equivalent
- Knowledge on 802.11 ad/ay would be an added advantage
- Hands on Experience in any of the AXI/Ethernet/PCIE protocols
- Scripting experience in Python
Your Personal Qualities:
- Self-organisation and ability to respond to changing priorities quickly
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organisation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work under own initiative
- A willingness to travel on a regular basis
Please fill in the form and attach your CV to apply for this role. Someone will be in touch if you’ve been chosen to come in for an interview.