Technical Marketing ManagerApply Now
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Location: Bristol
- Date Added: October 2020
The Technical Marketing manager works closely with the company’s sales teams during customer ‘pre-sales’ activities in order to present the technical solution, USPs and competitive positioning in order to progress opportunities towards contract closure.
The Technical Marketing Manager, where appropriate, also acts as the ongoing Account Manager for key customers including providing Project Management services where necessary. This includes close co-operation with the company’s Customer Engineering teams.
The Technical Marketing Manager also provides technical product feature definition of the company’s products and for merging marketing requirements and wider technology trends. The outputs of this activity feed into the company’s Product and Technology Roadmap which is owned by the Director of Product Management.
The Technical Marketing Manager reports to the Chief Marketing Officer of the company and works closely with both internal customer engineering, product development and marketing communications teams and externally with partners and customers.
- Be the product expert and support Sales and Business Development in technical discussions at key customer lead accounts and at internal training sessions.
- Lead customer project coordination including, where appropriate, supporting or leading the negotiation of revenue bearing NRE, technology license and product sales.
- Define and manage customer requirements based on customer input, technical features of the Company’s products and within the constraints of customer budget and schedule.
- Define and specify customer facing documents as a product owner during entire customer project and product life-cycle.
- Works closely with Customer Engineering and Programme Management teams during the execution of customer projects.
- Collect and manage technical product requirements for infeed into the Company’s Product and Technology Roadmap.
- Escalation handling in case of significant non-conformities
- Define support tools such as evaluation kits, reference designs, software drivers, tools, etc.
- Follow standardization and participate in external standards organizations, industry interest groups, cooperation partners, etc – for example IEEE, 3GPP, ETSI and Wi-Fi Alliance.
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Telecommunications.
- Experience in technical marketing (ideally more than 10 years over multiple product lifecycles) gained within markets relevant for the Company – notably Defence (C4ISR), Public Safety, Telecommunication Infrastructure and Transportation.
- Very good understanding of the technical field in wireless, radio and baseband technology particularly as relevant for millimetre wave wireless applications.
- Entrepreneurial mindset able to bring complex products to market
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Available to travel typically on a 25% worked time basis
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work across cross-cultural, cross-geographical, multi-disciplinary teams
Proficient in English, skill in other languages are an advantage
Please fill in the form and attach your CV to apply for this role. Someone will be in touch if you’ve been chosen to come in for an interview.