Production Operations Manager
As you might have heard, 5G is the next big thing – and Blu Wireless are leading the way with our ground-breaking mmWave solutions.
The quality of our technology speaks for itself. That’s why we’re backed by global investors including multinational chip firm Arm with partners in the US, Asia and Europe.
Our talented, friendly and international team of over 90 professionals, technology experts and engineers are the reason for this. We all collaborate and challenge each other to be better, working towards the same goal in Bristol’s vibrant city centre.
We are not your average 9-5 workplace: your work will help to transform the way society works, travels and entertains itself.
About this role
Due to expansion, Blu Wireless is seeking a Production Operations Manager to help our production team deliver on our ever-growing customer demand.
This role is vital to the success of our products and for identifying and eliminating any risks during critical phases of projects, pre- or post-launch.
- Scheduling batch builds of Blu Wireless products to meet customer orders and forecast demand
- Managing procurement of materials need to fulfil batch builds
- Managing stock inventory levels
- Reporting to senior management on various KPI’s
- Forming and managing relationships with third party suppliers
- Yield monitoring, quality assurance and Issue resolution
- Production team’s continuous improvement
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Strong organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Experience of working in a production environment
- Management of third party suppliers
- BOM and supply chain, planning.
- Experience of working within a Quality Management System, e.g. ISO9000
- A bachelor’s degree in electronic engineering or a related subject
- Enquiring mind and strong attention to detail.
There may be some travel involved with this position, both domestic and overseas.
Blu Wireless Technology is disrupting the market with wireless of fibre level performance that is economically smart and reliable! With a strong history in WiGig (IEEE 802.11ad), but identifying the gap in the market, Blu Wireless also provides 5G solutions in the copious unlicensed millimetre wave (mmWave) spectrum band.
Delivering its intelligent System IP to licensees is at its core, but Blu Wireless has much more to offer – with expertise in everything from chip design to module and board design. The Blu Wireless team have engineered a managed approach to the technical challenges faced in mmWave carrier-grade applications such as combatting interference and enabling seamless co-existence.
Trusted partners of the world’s biggest names in telecoms, Blu Wireless works together with their customers to provide complete design, testing, and validation, serving emerging markets in high-speed transport and broadband.
Based in Bristol, reflecting the city’s friendly atmosphere and proud industrial heritage, Blu Wireless has become the leading vendor in this space. Now with a team of eighty employees and a newly opened office in India, Blu Wireless Technology is enabling a new era of gigabit connectivity for all.