Quality Assurance Engineer
As you might have heard, 5G is the next big thing – and Blu Wireless are leading the way with our ground-breaking mmWave solutions.
The quality of our technology speaks for itself. That’s why we’re backed by global investors including multinational chip firm Arm with partners in the US, Asia and Europe.
Our talented, friendly and international team of over 90 professionals, technology experts and engineers are the reason for this. We all collaborate and challenge each other to be better, working towards the same goal in Bristol’s vibrant city centre.
We are not your average 9-5 workplace: your work will help to transform the way society works, travels and entertains itself.
We are looking for a technically exceptional, flexible and enthusiastic Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing world class team. This role is predominately based in our UK office but may also require some travel to support formal certifications and test campaigns.
About this role
Blu Wireless Technology develops cutting-edge wireless Gbps technology, based on the 802.11ad mmWave standard. With the initial core technology developed and demonstrated, we are now moving forward to take this through into production with our growing customer base. We are looking for a capable and enthusiastic Quality Assurance Engineer to work with our internal product development teams and external certification bodies.
- Fostering a quality focussed culture within the development teams.
- Formal certification of products to external standards.
- Continuous improvement of quality processes.
- Define and product release testing campaigns.
- Communication of quality related issues to the product and development teams, escalation to management where necessary.
- Production of customer-facing documentation.
Knowledge, experience and skills
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or similar preferred.
- Excellent technical problem-solving aptitude essential.
- Good communication skills essential.
- Experience of influencing teams towards a quality mind-set.
- Evidence of taking a product through an external certification or test suite.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and quality monitoring tools and systems.
- Experience of wireless systems or network systems not required, but an advantage.
- This role is suitable for someone with 3+ years of experience in a relevant technical environment.