Application EngineerApply Now
- Employment Type: Permanent, full-time
- Location: Bristol, some travel
- Reporting To: Director of Customer Engineering and Applications
- Date Added: December 2018
We are looking for technically exceptional, flexible and enthusiastic Applications Engineers to join our growing world class team. This role is based in our UK office, but there will be the need for travel to support our increasing worldwide customer-base.
About The Role
Blu Wireless Technology develops cutting-edge wireless Gbps technology, based on the 802.11ad mmWave standard. With the initial core technology developed and demonstrated, we are now moving forward to take this through into production with our growing customer base. We are looking for a capable and enthusiastic Applications Engineer to support our internal product development teams and external customers.
- Support the complete technical sales process from early engagement to production readiness and present new requirements into the product definition process.
- Champion the customer’s needs within Blu Wireless, working closely with Engineering and Marketing teams to achieve business goals. Nurture strong sustainable customer relationships and a world class support experience.
- Contribute to product trials and deployments with our partners and customers in various lab and field environments globally. Contribute to planning, installation, triage and monitoring of deployments as required.
- Develop demonstration systems that showcase our latest technology features and represent Blu Wireless in a technical capacity at industry trade shows.
- Develop a deep and wide level of expertise in the use of our technology and development platforms from the application layer to RF. Proactively maintain up-to-date understanding of all Blu Wireless technologies.
- Triage customer queries, re-produce issues and perform root cause analysis where possible. Document and escalate bugs to the product and development teams for resolution.
- Produce and deliver application notes and customer training to ease product familiarisation.
- Willing and able to travel at short notice
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or related disciplines.
- 2+ years of experience in a relevant technical environment
- Strong communication skills with experience of direct customer or vendor contact
- Excellent technical problem-solving aptitude
- Experience of the full product lifecycle for CPE or similar
- Experience of system deployment and associated issues
- Experience of setting up and testing radio systems and integration of product into operating environments
- Experience providing product training to customers
- Knowledge and understanding of setting up Mobile, Backhaul or IP networks in WAN and LAN environments. Knowledge of third-party products associated with WAN, LAN, and WiFi deployments.
- Knowledge of RF environments (wireless fixed access experience preferable)
- Embedded C programming, Python and Linux Systems knowledge
- Experience of Linux networking environments, support and installation
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- Pro-active approach, able to work on own initiative but aware of when to seek advice, and to work cross-functionally within the organisation
- Demonstrable experience of working as a team player
- Able to work under pressure, to tight timescales
Please fill in the form and attach your CV to apply for this role. Someone will be in touch if you’ve been chosen to come in for an interview.